I think the old saying is true. The older you get, the faster it goes. Time is something not to be taken for granted. I’ve learned over the years and especially this last year that time is precious. It may feel like we have all the time in the world but really time isn’t guaranteed to anyone. It can be gone in an instant. So I decided that I am going to be very intentional with my time this year, dedicating it to only things that will improve the life of others or my own personal life. I have very lofty goals for next year. I will list them today to hold myself accountable and to perhaps inspire someone to start living life more intentional.
- I plan to complete a no spend month. I started this already and it ends on January 21. I am only allowed to purchase essential items. Groceries, medicine, bills and gas. Other items such as luxury grocery items (my weakness), after Christmas sales, home decorations (another weakness) and eating out will all be put on hold for 30 days. The goal? To recognize weak spots in our spending habits and get spending under control…leading me to my next goal…
- To become debt free except for the mortgage and my car. The goal is to pay off my daughters car, a home improvement loan and one final credit card.
- I plan to take control of my wellness. I’m not setting a specific goal on weight or inches or anything of that matter. My overall goal is to be more aware of what goes into my diet and make a conscious effort to get outside and exercise more. I won’t be part of the typical new year crowd who flock to the gym only to fizzle out by February. I want to make it something that is attainable for myself and my family. One doesn’t have to be part of a gym to be healthy. Also the nearest one is 30 miles away.
- I plan to blog more regularly. Right now I post maybe 3-4 blogs a YEAR!!! That’s crazy… Me who loves to write only writing 3-4 times a year? Insane. That changes this year. It’s hard to say how much I will post but I would like to at least post twice a month.
- I would also like to purchase a domain for my blog and make it a part time job. I want to make sure my heart stays pure in this matter and that I do it as a therapeutic outlet for myself but also as an inspiration to others. I want people to see Christ in this blog and I don’t ever want that to get lost as I look for ways to nurture this blog into something more.
That’s all I have right now. Not totally unreachable 🙂 I can’t wait to see what this new year brings as I have one child graduating high school and starting her college career!! What are YOUR goals for next year?
From my home to yours, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
(P.S. this is a pic from a year ago and oh how my middle child has grown since then)
Lots of Love,